Thursday, November 11, 2010

One Down, ODD to go...

What an incredible weekend at ODC!


The recently refurbished ODC Theater is a beautiful space that allowed the wonderfully articulated movement of the dancers to resonate alongside dynamic live composition by Jean Jeanrenaud and Dohee Lee. I have been given the great privilege to perform alongside the company as a guest dancer. Being both physically and strategically involved with this year’s home season has given me a new burst of passion for dance. ODD is beautiful, hypnotizing and pulls you into the paintings of Odd Nerdrum. David Molesky, a San Franciscan based artist who apprenticed with Odd, will be painting his own impression of the choreography this coming weekend at The Malonga, needless to say I am looking forward to seeing the final product!
I am also looking forward to celebrating at the after party, especially if it’s anywhere near as good as last week, plus I won’t have to wait for BART home!


I’ve been continuing my adventures of the Bay and beyond. Last night I took my first ever Brazilian dance class, have been enjoying weekend brunches at the great cafes around, San Francisco sightseeing up Coit Tower and I have a trip planned with friends to Monterey Bay next weekend. Yes I will go to the aquarium!


Being over half way through my internship I’ve begun thinking of what’s next? Maybe what’s next for you is taking my place in the AXIS office- the pink pilates ball I’ve been sitting on will be lonely otherwise! AXIS is looking for applications for the Winter internship beginning January 2011, so if you enjoy working in a fast-moving environment and a laugh a day then give us a call!

A quick thought on what makes us a dancer!

During my time in the US I’ve been asked many many times “are you a dancer?”
My answer: “We all move in our own unique way and exude a personal spirit through our movement. A job, a style or payment does not define us as a dancer and being a dancer does not define who we are. We are all dancers as everybody dances- don’t pretend you don’t move around your bedroom now and again!”

No comments:

Post a Comment